The Author of the Machine


 Topic: The Author of the Machine
Users reading this topic: There are no members reading this topic.
  Posted on March 30, 2015 10:36
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#1
Here we are, yet again. Words and eyes. You're probably laying or sitting, certainly not standing (that'd be barbaric), wondering what in God's name this passage will even be about. "Oh boy", you think to yourself, sarcastically of course thinking, "this seems interesting." You look back up to see that I had misspelled the word "probably" in the first line, and then back down questioning why I'd even bring that up if I didn't actually misspell it.

I'm the author of the machine, as they say, and in writing a machine I ensure fluidity. Reactions, emotions, tense and drama, these are all tools of the writer. He creates not feeling, but rhythm and comfort. He creates plot. He creates that necessary feeling stripped from us when we stopped having to fight for food and started making our own little insecurities. Piece by piece the author meticulously toils the mind of the reader, and the reader continuously gobbles around as a turkey does in the rain, mouth up with water pouring in, without ever once questioning why. Why is the reader reading this? Is it to find some ending, some justice, some righteous self indignation so that it may know beyond certainty what happens to the beloved protagonist, the dastardly villain, the struggling colony and the spiraling insanity the tragedy brought upon its beauty?

Why?

Continuing to browse, the reader begins questioning its own motives. "Why do I read?" it thinks. "Ah yes, to build my intelligence of course! Reading is what smart people do, and I wish to be smart, so I read!" Or perhaps a more selfish approach, "I enjoy this hobby for others don't enjoy it, and in this I find my own individuality!" Collectively individuals all, the reader smiles with delight at having answered the riddle.

"Yes, I am an individual, that is why I read!" The reader ponders, "I wonder how many thought as I thought? What if I am not an individual?" And then it dawns upon the reader, that it reads for guidance. It needs this guidance, this holy hand pointing towards the path of enrichment, paved with malicious self preservation, guarded by liberty and raided by bigotry.

The reader goes on, further progressing through the story. If the reader doesn't finish, surely there is no ending! And there must be an ending, so it continues to read.

Nearing the gap, the reader sighs in relief. It is almost finished. The closing paragraph. Soon individuality will become triumphant yet again! So the reader reads the last sentence, disappointed, as a puppet performs on stage in a play written by the Author of the Machine.
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 10:37
Xeice
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Academy Student

Posts: 25
Joined on:
March 15, 2014
#2
nerd ass nigga find a real hobby
  Posted on March 30, 2015 10:38
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#3
Xeice wrote:
nerd ass nigga find a real hobby

He said unironically on a board dedicated to a flash game based on a now-discontinued anime
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 10:42
Xeice
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Academy Student

Posts: 25
Joined on:
March 15, 2014
#4
GhostMyth wrote:
Xeice wrote:
nerd ass nigga find a real hobby

He said unironically on a board dedicated to a flash game based on a now-discontinued anime

My hobby is real af, fuck you mean? run-on-sentence ass, goofy ass, tl;dr ass, bitch ass, virgin ass ugly boy
  Posted on March 30, 2015 11:07
ghost7hunter
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Chuunin

Posts: 209
Joined on:
June 2, 2007
#5
i actually enjoyed reading tht rock on dude.. ther will be haters
  Posted on March 30, 2015 11:12
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#6
Xeice wrote:
GhostMyth wrote:
Xeice wrote:
nerd ass nigga find a real hobby

He said unironically on a board dedicated to a flash game based on a now-discontinued anime

My hobby is real af, fuck you mean? run-on-sentence ass, goofy ass, tl;dr ass, bitch ass, virgin ass ugly boy

He said unironically on a board dedicated to a flash game based on a now-discontinued anime

@my hunter - Thanks ^^
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 11:23
Shuppet
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Chuunin

Posts: 278
Joined on:
March 14, 2015
#7
now-discontinued manga*
Sorry had to

@Topic, I quite enjoyed reading this piece of literature, good job
  Posted on March 30, 2015 11:46
Naruto-7thHokage
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1054
Joined on:
October 14, 2008
#8
GhostMyth wrote:
Why is the reader reading this? Is it to find some ending, some justice, some righteous self indignation so that it may know beyond certainty what happens to the beloved protagonist, the dastardly villain, the struggling colony and the spiraling insanity the tragedy brought upon its beauty?

The whole passage was amazing, but this line just did it for me, made me just nod my head in agreement. Really nice piece of work, looking forward to a sequel.
|| Anime List || Avy: Nino1233 || Siggy: dks_darkos || Gear ||

|| Artistic Masterpiece (Nino1233): || Literary Masterpiece (GhostMyth): ||
  Posted on March 30, 2015 12:20
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#9
Naruto-7thHokage wrote:
GhostMyth wrote:
Why is the reader reading this? Is it to find some ending, some justice, some righteous self indignation so that it may know beyond certainty what happens to the beloved protagonist, the dastardly villain, the struggling colony and the spiraling insanity the tragedy brought upon its beauty?

The whole passage was amazing, but this line just did it for me, made me just nod my head in agreement. Really nice piece of work, looking forward to a sequel.
Thank you!
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 12:51
Dee-Jay
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Sannin

Posts: 4586
Joined on:
August 25, 2008
#10
Great read as always
  Posted on March 30, 2015 14:33
krystiankun
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Special Jounin

Posts: 694
Joined on:
January 19, 2008
#11
That was a great piece, it read perfectly. What was your inspiration?
  Posted on March 30, 2015 14:48
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#12
krystiankun wrote:
That was a great piece, it read perfectly. What was your inspiration?
I was bored
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 16:18
Meliodas
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Jounin

Posts: 1297
Joined on:
October 15, 2014
#13
That second paragraph was flawless, ngl, good on ya, Ghosty!

Maybe it's never too late to start living the life you really want. Sig's by Teri!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 16:20
GhostMyth
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Daimyo

Posts: 5486
Joined on:
October 15, 2006
#14
Meliodas wrote:
That second paragraph was flawless, ngl, good on ya, Ghosty!
Not really a compliment since everything I do is flawless

But thanks
DM me questions about Shinobi-Arena and I will answer when I can. Thank you!
  Posted on March 30, 2015 20:17
rapidolas
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Genin

Posts: 144
Joined on:
August 7, 2010
#15
9/10 i like it! :embarressed
pit75.
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 1