Character Classing Thread


 Topic: Character Classing Thread
Users reading this topic: There are no members reading this topic.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 04:42
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#1

Banner by Sorina-Hokage

The aim of this project is to class Anime/Manga or other characters into definite classes based on their overall power. This will help battledome matchmakers or tournament hosts to come up with fair matches in their tournaments. This is the goal of the project!

The list will be maintained in this document. Feel free to suggest characters and their levels that you think the character fits in to. It will be updated on the list. Use the bars at the bottom of the page to navigate through the catagories.


Form wrote:
Character Name:
Character Type:
Character Level:
Intelligence:
Special Note:

Details about the form
Character Name: This is the name of the character you want to add to the list.
Character Type: This is usually the classification of what the character is.
Character Level: You have to choose a tier for your character from one of the seven catagories mentioned below. If for the mid tier, you have to choose from one of the 3 sub catagories.
Intelligence: This signifies how intelligent a character is. Choose from the list below.
Special Note: Special abilities or items that change t he competence of a character can be labelled here.

Example wrote:
Character name: Naruto
Character Type: Ninja/Jinchurikki
Character level: mid mid tier
Intelligence: Smart
Special Note: Gudou Dama, 10T Jinchurikki

A character has been placed in each of the Strength and Speed for each tier. This is to help you decide which tier your suggested character best fits in to. The character you want to suggest could be stronger or weaker than the listed character, as long as that character does not violate the tier requirements, you are free to choose that tier.

Regardless, there are always going to be characters that does not quite fit in a particular catagory. If thats the case, you can use Special Notes to explain those extras. For example, there might be a low tier character that can defeat mid low tiers or even mid mid tiers due to an ability of theirs. Special Notes can be used to mention any of those details.



Characters whose power does not rise above street level (characters whose power can't destroy things as big as houses), who are human or meta human belong in this class.
Strength: Deathstroke
Speed: Spiderman


This is a big tier. There's a wide range of characters that can fit mid tier.



these characters start at building busting all the way up to multi city block busting in power.
Strength: Jugo
Speed: Lee (5 Gates)



This tier will be held by characters whose power can easily destroy cities and all the way up to characters that can destroy multiple cities in one shot.
Strength: Uzumaki Naruto (Bijuu Cloak Mode)
Speed: Raikage Ay



Characters in this tier can destroy anywhere from countries to multiple countries with ease.
Strength: Jin Mo Ri
Speed: Superman



This tear will go to characters that can effortlessly dish out continental level destruction.
Strength: Hulk
Speed: Hal Jordon



Characters that can destroy planets and solar systems go here.
Strength: Cell (DBZ)
Speed: Flash



Characters capable of busting galaxies or multiple galaxies belong here.
Strength: Dragon Knight Lucifer (DKL) Dark Schneider
Speed: MFTL (GLs/Silver Surfer/Flash)



This is a level for universe level characters that can either create or destroy a universe.
Strength: Celestials (Marvel)
Speed: MFTL+++++



Any character above Universe level belong here (multiversal, omniversal, megaversal, god-level omnipotent beings).
Strength: Galactus/Nigh-Omnipotent/Omnipotent
Speed: Omnipresent / Inconcievable

A single criterea met in either strength or speed catagory is enough for a placement.

Intelligence:
The intelligence tier should be maintained for characters individually, without a specific tier restriction. Below are the seven classifications of smarts.

- Dumb
- Average
- Cool
- Smart
- Genius
- Tony Stark
- Reed Richards

Note: Intelligence is not a tier, rather a classification.

There's an extra classification that would be required for each character.
Special Notes: Details and Specifics that are unique and definitive for the character goes here.

You can give your feedback on the Tier List here.


1. No spamming (stick to the topic)
2. Discussion is allowed, but no full on debates. If you run into any disputes, handle it over a topic placed in the Battledome, or via PMs.
3. No drama
4. No flaming

Failure to abide by these may result in the deletion of your post or a warning.

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the thread, feel free to ask/say in the thread or drop a PM in my inbox. If you think a character's classing is wrong, point it out. Tier classifications may not be accurate at this point, so they will likely be changed in the future.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 04:52
MikEviL
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Fiery Heart

Posts: 711
Joined on:
May 25, 2013
#2
Why don't you list the characters based on their tiers(from strongest to weakest/weakest to strongest)? I thought it'll be better that way.

Credit for the awesome sig goes to King A
  Posted on May 7, 2014 04:55
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#3
MikEviL wrote:
Why don't you list the characters based on their tiers(from strongest to weakest/weakest to strongest)? I thought it'll be better that way.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I was planning to reform the list based on the 7 specific catagories. You could always use the Ctrl+F function to search for characters in the list.

Im going to work on it later today.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 04:57
MikEviL
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Fiery Heart

Posts: 711
Joined on:
May 25, 2013
#4
l-o-w wrote:
MikEviL wrote:
Why don't you list the characters based on their tiers(from strongest to weakest/weakest to strongest)? I thought it'll be better that way.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I was planning to reform the list based on the 7 specific catagories. You could always use the Ctrl+F function to search for characters in the list.

Im going to work on it later today.

I see. Here's some I would like to suggest btw.
Character Name: Son Goku
Character Type: Saiyan
Character Level: Probably Planet Tier

Character Name: Hatake Kakashi
Character Type: Ninja
Character Level: Low Mid Tier

Credit for the awesome sig goes to King A
  Posted on May 7, 2014 05:02
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#5
MikEviL wrote:
l-o-w wrote:
MikEviL wrote:
Why don't you list the characters based on their tiers(from strongest to weakest/weakest to strongest)? I thought it'll be better that way.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I was planning to reform the list based on the 7 specific catagories. You could always use the Ctrl+F function to search for characters in the list.

Im going to work on it later today.

I see. Here's some I would like to suggest btw.
Character Name: Son Goku
Character Type: Saiyan
Character Level: Probably Planet Tier

Character Name: Hatake Kakashi
Character Type: Ninja
Character Level: Low Mid Tier

Added to the list.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 05:42
choppy
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1556
Joined on:
January 2, 2009
#6
In my opinion, not sure if wanted in this thread or not, a bit more attention should be paid to low tier to high tier. 95% of the characters, if not more, used in battledome debates fall within these confines. I understand that there is separation between all of the categories above those, but how often do you see them discussed in the battledome? And how sensible is it to make those battles? Two omnipotent entities against each other who can both erase the others existence with the blink of an eye, what kind of matchup is that, and how would it be debated?

For the purpose of battledome I think this idea is great but I'd personally like to see a lot more detail in the categories that are hotly debated here. So maybe some more specific conditions for those categories I mentioned. So even if someone can't destroy a city, if they can travel at 17x the speed of light they're going to mess up most people in the mid mid tier right? And maybe an agreed upon 'generic character' for each category with some examples. i.e.

Character level: upper low tier

Destructive Capacity: Building - City Block level destruction

Speed Capabilities: Faster than regular humans to somewhere around the speed of sound.

Durability: Multiple times the durability of a regular human.

Example: Zoro (One Piece) - Destructive feats including slicing a solid steel train in half, slicing through large ships and buildings. Although not with a single attack, could slice through entire cities on a rampage. Speed feats include haki of observation to observe oncoming attacks, intercepted a mid-flight cannonball from distance (amny others I can't think of). Durability includes multiple stab wounds and being able to continue fighting, tanking near building busting brute force attacks living through the mega ursa shockwave (not sure how to quantify this).


Anyway, that's just a basic template, which obviously needs reformatting and better descriptions etc. Moral of the story is, I'd be in favour of more detailed lower end characters and also a sort of popular benchmark character for each category to use as an example.

#Choppy4CL - The one and only Cloud.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 05:52
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#7
choppy wrote:
In my opinion, not sure if wanted in this thread or not, a bit more attention should be paid to low tier to high tier. 95% of the characters, if not more, used in battledome debates fall within these confines. I understand that there is separation between all of the categories above those, but how often do you see them discussed in the battledome? And how sensible is it to make those battles? Two omnipotent entities against each other who can both erase the others existence with the blink of an eye, what kind of matchup is that, and how would it be debated?

For the purpose of battledome I think this idea is great but I'd personally like to see a lot more detail in the categories that are hotly debated here. So maybe some more specific conditions for those categories I mentioned. So even if someone can't destroy a city, if they can travel at 17x the speed of light they're going to mess up most people in the mid mid tier right? And maybe an agreed upon 'generic character' for each category with some examples. i.e.

Character level: upper low tier

Destructive Capacity: Building - City Block level destruction

Speed Capabilities: Faster than regular humans to somewhere around the speed of sound.

Durability: Multiple times the durability of a regular human.

Example: Zoro (One Piece) - Destructive feats including slicing a solid steel train in half, slicing through large ships and buildings. Although not with a single attack, could slice through entire cities on a rampage. Speed feats include haki of observation to observe oncoming attacks, intercepted a mid-flight cannonball from distance (amny others I can't think of). Durability includes multiple stab wounds and being able to continue fighting, tanking near building busting brute force attacks living through the mega ursa shockwave (not sure how to quantify this).


Anyway, that's just a basic template, which obviously needs reformatting and better descriptions etc. Moral of the story is, I'd be in favour of more detailed lower end characters and also a sort of popular benchmark character for each category to use as an example.

Speed is a factor I have given some thinking to, but as of now, I'm not entirely sure how to catagorize speed, and extra classes like telepathic level and what not.
The solution I came up with was to maintain a series of special notes for characters.

For example, Accelerater. His AIM field makes him Nigh invulnurable, even for Planet Tiers and beyond. He is superfast Though Accelerator in himself, is likely no stronger than High Tier.

You could help me make a detailed rough sketch on how you percieve the catagories and how you think the current list could be altered. If it looks alright, I can have that implemented.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 05:58
choppy
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1556
Joined on:
January 2, 2009
#8
l-o-w wrote:
choppy wrote:
In my opinion, not sure if wanted in this thread or not, a bit more attention should be paid to low tier to high tier. 95% of the characters, if not more, used in battledome debates fall within these confines. I understand that there is separation between all of the categories above those, but how often do you see them discussed in the battledome? And how sensible is it to make those battles? Two omnipotent entities against each other who can both erase the others existence with the blink of an eye, what kind of matchup is that, and how would it be debated?

For the purpose of battledome I think this idea is great but I'd personally like to see a lot more detail in the categories that are hotly debated here. So maybe some more specific conditions for those categories I mentioned. So even if someone can't destroy a city, if they can travel at 17x the speed of light they're going to mess up most people in the mid mid tier right? And maybe an agreed upon 'generic character' for each category with some examples. i.e.

Character level: upper low tier

Destructive Capacity: Building - City Block level destruction

Speed Capabilities: Faster than regular humans to somewhere around the speed of sound.

Durability: Multiple times the durability of a regular human.

Example: Zoro (One Piece) - Destructive feats including slicing a solid steel train in half, slicing through large ships and buildings. Although not with a single attack, could slice through entire cities on a rampage. Speed feats include haki of observation to observe oncoming attacks, intercepted a mid-flight cannonball from distance (amny others I can't think of). Durability includes multiple stab wounds and being able to continue fighting, tanking near building busting brute force attacks living through the mega ursa shockwave (not sure how to quantify this).


Anyway, that's just a basic template, which obviously needs reformatting and better descriptions etc. Moral of the story is, I'd be in favour of more detailed lower end characters and also a sort of popular benchmark character for each category to use as an example.

Speed is a factor I have given some thinking to, but as of now, I'm not entirely sure how to catagorize speed, and extra classes like telepathic level and what not.
The solution I came up with was to maintain a series of special notes for characters.

For example, Accelerater. His AIM field makes him Nigh invulnurable, even for Planet Tiers and beyond. He is superfast Though Accelerator in himself, is likely no stronger than High Tier.

You could help me make a detailed rough sketch on how you percieve the catagories and how you think the current list could be altered. If it looks alright, I can have that implemented.
Much like Professor X. He's an old dude in a wheelchair who when cruising around can telepathically control a couple people, but when put inside Cerebro can kill every human on Earth without moving. I think it'll be difficult if not impossible to fit characters like that into a ranking system like this. Which is why I suggest focusing on more quantifiable traits like strength, durability, speed etc.

And the purpose of a benchmark character is to get more examples of these traits for that tier. So if you were to use Zoro as an example, not only do you have his feats in mind when thinking of who should be placed in that tier, but also the feats of everyone who he's fought with equally. It should give you a much more diverse portrayal of what each tier represents.

I'll try do the above for each tier I can think of and post it here, leaving it up for criticism/debate by the community and yourself.

#Choppy4CL - The one and only Cloud.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 08:20
Phonasthenia
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1177
Joined on:
July 29, 2013
#9
Character Name: Galactus
Character Type: Extraterrestrial planet devourer
Character Level: Multiversal Tier
OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK I love you too, Lilnaruto_legend OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK
  Posted on May 7, 2014 08:44
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#10
Phonasthenia wrote:
Character Name: Galactus
Character Type: Extraterrestrial planet devourer
Character Level: Multiversal Tier

Added to the list.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 08:54
Phonasthenia
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1177
Joined on:
July 29, 2013
#11
Character Name: Magneto
Character Type: Mutant
Character Level: Low Mid Tier
OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK I love you too, Lilnaruto_legend OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK
  Posted on May 7, 2014 09:04
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#12
Phonasthenia wrote:
Character Name: Magneto
Character Type: Mutant
Character Level: Low Mid Tier

Added to the list.
  Posted on May 7, 2014 09:11
Red_Sharigan
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1059
Joined on:
July 13, 2009
#13
@choppy: I think you mean you want something like this. I don't know how accurate the info in that link is but I think you mean to classify the chars in a similar way to this, right? I don't know how Markua can implement those details in the doc though.

Edit: Btw, this isn't the original site. There was a website called outskirtsbattledome.com that listed the chars the same way as the wiki I linked, but I don't know what happened to it, I can't access it right now.
|| Egyptian
|| AmA
|| Awesome Avy by Sorina

Itachi wrote:
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct or true? Merely vague concepts… their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?
  Posted on May 7, 2014 09:12
Phonasthenia
Rank: member

Forum Rank:
Licker

Posts: 1177
Joined on:
July 29, 2013
#14
Character Name: Rogue
Character Type: Mutant
Character Level: Low Mid Tier (Maybe, if you consider whose power she steals)
OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK I love you too, Lilnaruto_legend OMG-CLICK-OMG-CLICK
  Posted on May 7, 2014 09:17
l-o-w
Rank: moderator

Forum Rank:
ANBU

Posts: 1226
Joined on:
September 29, 2008
#15
Red_Sharigan wrote:
@choppy: I think you mean you want something like this. I don't know how accurate the info in that link is but I think you mean to classify the chars in a similar way to this, right? I don't know how Markua can implement those details in the doc though.

I am not trying to make battle profiles, and I don't think Choppy means that either. There are a variety of levels a character can have.
If you take Gene (X men) for example, physically, she is low tier at most. Given the peak of her Phoenix force powers, she is much stronger, and from what I have seen high tier to planet tier.
Aru-, ImOnHD, kakashi223, kikinka650, kiyoto_hyuga, mejia14, naishacked, Nino1233, spike7011, ts_faraz, waves360, ^Antyx^.
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 2 - Members online: 10