June 29, 2011
Seven years have transpired since that fateful date. Seven years have transpired since the foundation of the coliseum, of the first attempts to lay the foundation. Seven years have transpired in which too much has occurred for any one mind to remember, and what's more, for any one human being to truly contemplate. Indeed, the Arena has lived different Eras, with the most improbable Ninja rising to becoming the greatest Hero, while the most talented of the Ancient Clans succumbed to chaos and perished under their own inability to evolve. And yet some of those Ancient Ninja, battle-worn and with more experience than a battalion of their newest comrades, remain alive within the Arena today, resisting the merciless passage of time. This is the case of the Twilight of Spirits, which today reemerges from its Palace to step out onto the battlefield; battlefield which its Spirits frequented Ages ago. And although the inevitability of the passing of power to the new generations is clear, the Epitaph of Spirits and its three Sacred Quadrants will once again take the Arena for themselves, shattering common imagination and creating a completely new reality: a reality of Spirits.
● Twilight of Spirits is very happy to present before the entire Naruto Arena community the first installment of the Twilight of Spirits Invitational!
● Originally designed to be hosted in celebration of Twilight of Spirits's third anniversary, this tournament has since been in the works for over a year, and after some final touches is now ready to be released.
● The Twilight of Spirits Invitational is a 64-man tournament, where all participants are admitted via an invitation sent by Twilight of Spirits. A total of 99 invitations will be sent out to those Naruto Arena members whom Twilight of Spirits considers are the best of the best, and the first 64 members to accept their invitation will be officially registered for the tournament.
● Above all, the Twilight of Spirits Invitational is designed to encourage friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst its participants and the Naruto Arena in general. This tournament is hosted in honor of the almost four and a half years of existence of Twilight of Spirits, and the almost seven years since the foundation of Naruto Arena. We hope that this first installment of the Twilight of Spirits Invitational is both a success and an invigorating experience for all those who accept their invitation.
● The Tournament Staff for the Twilight of Spirits Invitational is listed here. Feel free to send a private message to any of the following if you find yourself in need of tournament-related assistance: Itachi3334, ts_faraz, Konan, and Mapuche.
As with any respectable competition, a defined set of rules and regulations have been put in place for the purpose of this extended tournament. Please make sure you understand these completely before doing any matches.
● All Naruto Arena and Naruto Boards rules, as well as the Ninja Headquarters section rules, apply to this topic, naturally.
● There is only one way to gain entrance into this tournament: by receiving an invitation from the official TwilightNation account. Any invitation not received by the TwilightNation account is non-official, and will not be recognized by the tournament authorities.
● A total of 99 invitations will be sent out by the TwilightNation account. The first 64 of these 99 invitees to accept their invitation will be admitted into the tournament.
● The first round of the tournament, which is the Groups stage (see below), will be best 2/3. The second, third, fourth, and semifinal rounds will be best 3/5 (see below). The Grand Finals will be best 4/7 (see below).
● No team can be used twice during a set. At least two characters must be swapped out in order for a new team to be constituted.
● It is strictly forbidden to discuss your opponent's teams or strategies on this topic, and/or in any public Naruto Arena/Boards discussion site.
● If a bug, glitch, or disconnection issue arises during any of the matches, then the winner of the match decides whether or not to offer a rematch. Offering a rematch is voluntary and not required.
● Violating any of these tournament rules may result in disqualification from the tournament. It is at the discretion of the tournament authorities to decide whether or not a participant is disqualified for violating the tournament rules.
● If you would like to report any violation to the above rules, then we invite you to message any member of the Tournament Staff (see above) with proof of your claims. Please do NOT message the TwilightNation account with reports, as it is likely that we will not get back to you. Instead, message one of the accounts listed in the first part of this topic, and we will respond to your message as soon as we are available.
● Additionally, Twilight of Spirits has compiled the following list to be used as this tournament's Official List of Banned Teams and Combos. If your opponent fails to follow the character restrictions listed below, then it is your decision to offer a rematch or not. In the event that a rematch is not offered for violating the list below, then the win is given to the player who did follow the rules, naturally.
1. Gaara + Any Counter/Drainer/Stunner
2. Sasuke + Naruto/Zaku/Dosu/Yondaime/Hachibi
3. Itachi + Juugo/Kimi/Sakon/Sakura (S)/Kuriarare/Shino
4. Kyuubi + Gai (S)/Shika (S)/Dosu/Sakura (S)/Gekko/Shizune/Kuriarare
5. Orochimaru + Drainer/Asuma (S)/Kabuto(S)/Temari/Ino/Deidara/Shigure/Css/Oboro
6. Sakon/Sakura/Lee + Obito/Chiyo/Shizune/Kabuto/Itachi/Kyuubi/Ibiki/Konan/Darui
7. Kisame + Haku/Baki/Fu/Shino
8. Chouji + Any Healer/Iruka/Shika (S)/Yondaime/Sai
9. Haku + Lee/Kiba/Gai/Sakura/Dosu/Human/Gekko/Tayuya/Kuriarare
10. Kidoumaru + Gai/Lee/Gekko/Sakura (S)/Chiyo/DB/Kuriarare
11. Kakashi + Zaku/Shika (S)/Shodaime/DB/Hachibi/Kuriarare/Gai
12. Baki + Oro(S)/Sakon/Orochimaru
13. Kabuto (S) + Hinata(S)/Yoroi/Sakon/Sakura (S)/Juugo/Itachi (S)/Yondaime
14. Lee (S) + Torune/AnimalPP
15. Kiba + Shigure/Chiyo/Izumo+K/Oboro/Kabuto (S)
16. Yoroi + Shika (S)/YK
17. Temari (S) + Hinata(S)/Orochimaru/Nii/Naraka
18. Kakashi (S) + YK /Jiroubo/DB/Asuma(S)/Kuriarare
19. Preta/Hinata (S)/Jiroubo + Drainer/Oboro/Human/Shika (S)
20. Hachibi + Any Healer/Yondaime/Zabuza
21. Edo Ameyuri, Kitsuchi, Maki, and Utakata banned.
22. The following team types are banned from the tournament: full Area of Effect, full Stunner, full Drainer/Leecher, full Counter/Reflect, and full Affliction.*
* Please note that having Young Kakashi or Hatake Kakashi (S) on your team, and having these characters copy a skill, may constitute a "full team" depending on your other two characters. For example, if your other two characters have a stun skill and Young Kakashi copies one of their stun skills, then you will be breaking rule 22 (full Stunner teams are banned). This example applies to the other "full team" types mentioned in rule 22.
. ./ / T w i l i g h t. O f. S p i r i t s. 2014
We came, We saw, We conquered!